Boston, MA - March 22, 2012
- Coverys is pleased to announce the addition of its newest coverage to its medical professional liability insurance. Coverys’ Regulatory Liability and Information Security and Privacy Coverage provides policyholders with the protection they need in the event of a regulatory issue or data security breach – risks that can lead to extensive, reputation-damaging claims.
Part of Coverys Protection Plus – Coverys’ way of offering extra coverage above and beyond traditional policies – the Regulatory Liability and Information Security and Privacy Coverage includes services such as experienced attorneys and comprehensive support throughout the process of a claim. By including this coverage in policies, Coverys hopes to help policyholders focus on providing the best care possible to patients by alleviating some of the burden and stress of such risks, and particularly of such claims.
President & Chief Executive Officer Gregg L. Hanson says, “It is increasingly important for us to develop new and relevant coverage for our policyholders as changes occur in the healthcare industry. The addition of Coverys Protection Plus and this coverage ensure that we are doing our part to protect our policyholders’ livelihoods by providing them with peace of mind during a time of uncertainty. We will continue to work to provide timely coverages and products as industry shifts necessitate them.”
Details on Coverys Protection Plus’ Regulatory Liability and Information Security and Privacy Coverage are listed below.
Regulatory claim response services include:
- Experienced healthcare attorneys and consultants
- Retroactive coverage for prior acts, subject to the policy’s retroactive date
- Defense costs
- Licensing board review coverage
Privacy breach response services include:
- Forensic and legal assistance to help determine the cause and degree of the breach and steps needed to comply with any applicable laws
- Covered attorney costs
- Consistent and frequent contact with the service provider throughout the entire process
- Free loss prevention information service
Coverage effective dates vary by state. For more information about this coverage please contact Coverys. For more information about the company, visit www.coverys.com, or contact Katharine Gould, public relations specialist, at (617) 946-8665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coverys is one of the top 10 medical professional liability insurance providers in the country based on direct written premium. Coverys member companies insure more than 20,000 physicians, surgeons, dentists, certified nurse midwives and allied healthcare providers as well as nearly 500 hospitals, health centers and clinics in 22 states from coast to coast. Coverys has net admitted assets in excess of $3.0 billion as of December 31, 2010. Coverys member companies Medical Professional Mutual Insurance Company, ProSelect Insurance Company, MHA Insurance Company and Washington Casualty Company have a Best’s Rating of A- (Excellent). Other Coverys member companies include FinCor Solutions, a multi-line insurance agency, and the Risk Management and Patient Safety Institute, which focuses on clinical risk reduction, quality patient outcomes and education. Coverys as a whole is acknowledged as a leader in providing risk management and claim services to the healthcare community, and it offers risk management consultations and educational activities to healthcare providers across the country. For more information on the enterprise and its member companies, visit the Coverys website at www.coverys.com.