Boston, MA - May 2, 2012
- Leading provider of medical professional liability insurance, Coverys, is pleased to announce the formation of Coverys RRG, Inc. (Coverys RRG). Recently registered in New York, Coverys RRG is a risk retention group organized and serviced by Coverys to assume and spread the liability exposures of the RRG’s members.
For more than three decades, Coverys and its predecessors have been trusted providers of medical professional liability insurance for healthcare professionals. Coverys RRG, domiciled in the District of Columbia and backed by Coverys’ longstanding financial strength and stability, provides New York medical professionals with an alternative way to insure themselves for professional liability exposures.
President & Chief Executive Officer Gregg L. Hanson says, “The medical professional liability industry continues to meet challenges and changes and New York’s market is no exception. Coverys RRG was created to offer a dependable and simple option for professional liability insurance, supported by our commitment to financial stability and serviced by Coverys. It is our goal to positively impact and protect the reputations of healthcare providers so we can allow them to focus on providing the best care possible to patients.”
Coverys RRG can help protect New York medical professionals’ livelihoods with the following coverage and features
Coverys RRG insureds will also benefit from:
- Consent to settle
- Claims made coverage
- Waived tail premiums for death, disability and permanent retirement
- No state guaranty fund assessments
- No capital contribution
- Competitive supplementary coverages
- Competitive credit programs
Coverage is available for all classifications of:
- Coverys’ long-term financial strength and stability
- Aggressive defense and claims support
- Superior risk management services
- Individual physicians and surgeons
- Single specialty and multi specialty practices and organizations
- Allied healthcare practitioners
For more information about Coverys and its coverages, visit www.coverys.com, or contact Katharine Gould, public relations specialist, at (617) 946-8665 or email@example.com.
Coverys is one of the top 10 medical professional liability insurance providers in the country based on direct written premium. Coverys member companies insure more than 20,000 physicians, surgeons, dentists, certified nurse midwives and allied healthcare providers as well as nearly 500 hospitals, health centers and clinics in 23 states from coast to coast. Coverys has net admitted assets in excess of $3.0 billion as of December 31, 2010. Coverys member companies Medical Professional Mutual Insurance Company, ProSelect Insurance Company, MHA Insurance Company and Washington Casualty Company have a Best’s Rating of A- (Excellent). Other Coverys member companies include FinCor Solutions, a multi-line insurance agency, and the Risk Management and Patient Safety Institute, which focuses on clinical risk reduction, quality patient outcomes and education. Coverys as a whole is acknowledged as a leader in providing risk management and claim services to the healthcare community, and it offers risk management consultations and educational activities to healthcare providers across the country. For more information on the enterprise and its member companies, visit the Coverys website at www.coverys.com.