Boston, MA - January 2, 2014
- Coverys is pleased to announce the expansion of its Coverys Protection Plus® Regulatory Liability and Information Security and Privacy Coverage to facilities. Coverys Protection Plus now provides facilities with the protection they need in the event of a regulatory issue or data security breach – risks that can lead to extensive, reputation- damaging claims. Coverys Protection Plus is Coverys’ way of offering extra coverage above and beyond its traditional policies. Facilities now receive this coverage without charge at basic limits and also have the option of purchasing additional limits with flexible deductibles. Further, individual, corporation and group policies also have the option of purchasing additional limits with flexible deductibles.
Coverys Protection Plus’ Regulatory Liability and Information Security and Privacy Coverage includes services such as experienced attorneys and comprehensive support throughout the process of a claim. By including this coverage in policies, Coverys hopes to help policyholders and facilities focus on providing the best care possible to patients by alleviating some of the burden and stress of such risks, and claims that may result.
“As the healthcare industry continues to evolve, we strive to provide our policyholders with the best available coverage in the industry. Making Coverys Protection Plus’ Regulatory Liability and Information Security and Privacy Coverage available to facilities ensures that we are providing our policyholders with peace of mind during a time of uncertainty,” said Joe R. Zorola, vice president of underwriting for Coverys.
Details on Coverys Protection Plus’ Regulatory Liability and Information Security and Privacy Coverage are listed below. Policyholders can now also increase their limits for an additional cost if they choose.
Regulatory claim response services include:
Privacy breach response services include:
- Experienced healthcare attorneys and consultants
- Retroactive coverage for prior acts, subject to the policy’s retroactive date
- Defense costs, including costs of attorneys and consultants
- Licensing board review coverage
- Forensic and legal assistance to help determine the cause and degree of the breach and steps needed to comply with any applicable laws, such as breach notification laws Covered attorney costs
- Mail and phone notification
- Credit and identity monitoring program
- Consistent and frequent contact with the service provider throughout the entire process to ensure the breach is handled as efficiently as possible and appropriate support is given
- Free loss prevention information service
Fo more information about Coverys, contact Loren LeVasseur, public relations specialist, at (617) 946-8665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coverys is one of the top 10 medical professional liability insurance providers in the country based on direct written premium. Coverys member companies insure more than 25,000 physicians, surgeons, dentists, certified nurse midwives and allied healthcare providers, as well as more than 500 hospitals, health centers and clinics in 24 states from coast to coast. Coverys has net admitted assets of $3.3 billion, direct written premium of $368 million and policyholder surplus of $1.3 billion, as of December 31, 2012. In addition, Coverys member insurance companies Medical Professional Mutual Insurance Company (“ProMutual”) and ProSelect Insurance Company (“ProSelect”), as well as ProMutual-sponsored Coverys RRG, Inc. (“Coverys RRG”) have a Best’s Rating of A (Excellent). MHA Insurance Company (“MHAIC”) and Washington Casualty Company (“WCC”) have a Best’s Rating of A- (Excellent).
Coverys emphasizes physician education and patient safety, and the company is acknowledged as a leader in providing supportive risk management services and resolute claim defense to the healthcare community. Coverys also offers a variety of interactive and relevant continuing medical education (CME) activities to healthcare providers across the country. For more information visit the Coverys website at www.coverys.com. Timely industry and company news can also be found on the Coverys blog at coverys.wordpress.com, on Twitter (@Coverys) and on the company’s Facebook page.