Boston, MA - September 10, 2014
- Coverys, a leading provider of medical professional liability insurance and related services, is pleased to announce the list of recipients for the 2014 Ohio Patient Safety and Risk Management Grant Program funded through the Coverys Community Healthcare Foundation. In 2014, Coverys increased the amount of funding for the 2014 Ohio grant program, doubling the available pool to $100,000. The list of recipients include:
- Berger Health System
- Community Memorial Hospital – Hicksville
- Health Partners Free Clinic
- Kettering Medical Center
- H.B. Magruder Hospital
- Memorial Hospital of Union County
- Medina Hospital
- Mercer Health
- Mercy Foundation/Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center
- OhioHealth Foundation
- OhioHealth – Doctors Hospital
- Pomerene Hospital
- Salem Regional Medical Center
The grant program was open to all eligible Coverys policyholders based in Ohio. Project proposals were approved using criteria that focused on the improvement of existing or implementation of new clinical patient safety policies or procedures targeted at reducing occurrences or improving outcomes in either an inpatient or outpatient setting. This year’s approved project proposals were excellent examples of thoughtful and innovative approaches to increasing patient safety.
For more information about Coverys, contact Loren LeVasseur, public relations specialist, at (617) 946-8665 or email@example.com.
Coverys is the eighth largest medical professional liability insurance provider in the country based on direct written premium. Coverys companies insure more than 25,000 physicians, dentists, and allied healthcare providers, as well as more than 500 hospitals, health centers and clinics in 27 states from coast to coast. Coverys has net admitted assets of $3.4 billion and direct written premium of $363 million as of December 31, 2013. In addition, Coverys insurance companies Medical Professional Mutual Insurance Company (“ProMutual”) and ProSelect Insurance Company, as well as ProMutual-sponsored Coverys RRG, Inc. have a Best’s Rating of A (Excellent). MHA Insurance Company and Washington Casualty Company have a Best’s Rating of A- (Excellent).
Coverys emphasizes physician education and patient safety, and the company is acknowledged as a leader in providing supportive risk management services and resolute claim defense to the healthcare community. For more information, visit Coverys at www.coverys.com