Boston, MA - September 24, 2015
- Coverys, a leading provider of medical professional liability insurance and related services, announced the Ohio grant recipients for its 2015 Risk Management and Patient Safety Grant Program. Coverys awarded over $91,000 in grants to 10 separate hospitals and other health facilities across Ohio. The grants will be used for various initiatives focused on enhancing patient safety and the reduction of clinical risk.
“Coverys has long recognized the importance of keeping patient safety front and center as a key influence of better outcomes, and has been a strong supporter of patient safety initiatives of state and regional healthcare facilities, including those throughout Ohio,” said Gregg L. Hanson, CEO and president of Coverys. “We believe these grants will assist the dedicated efforts of hospital leaders and healthcare providers to continue their focus on safety in the patient care delivery process.”
Coverys Community Healthcare Foundation’s grants will fund the following projects:
- Coshocton County Memorial Hospital, Coshocton, OH – $10,000 to fund the hospital’s tobacco-free initiative.
- Fisher-Titus Medical Center, Norwalk, OH – $9,628 to create an educational program to improve patient outcomes related to joint surgery.
- Lima Memorial Hospital, Lima, OH – $10,000 to implement the “Just Culture” initiative.
- Magruder Hospital, Port Clinton, OH – $10,000 to continue the implementation of the “Just Culture” initiative.
- Mercer Health, Coldwater, OH – $10,000 to enhance security and traffic flow in the Emergency Room.
- Morrow County Hospital, Mt. Gilead, OH – $7,550 to continue implementation of the “Just Culture” initiative.
- OhioHealth Foundation, Columbus, OH – $9,500 to fund an initiative for early intervention of chronic kidney disease and end stage renal disease.
- OhioHealth O’Bleness, Athens, OH – $5,400 for medication reconciliation software to support the prevention of adverse drug events.
- Paulding County Hospital, Paulding, OH - $9,150 for further improvements and training on the hospital’s fall prevention program.
- Salem Regional Medical Center, Salem, OH - $10,000 to incorporate best practices in a fall prevention program.
The grants were made possible through funding from the Coverys Community Healthcare Foundation. The Foundation was established in part to fund endeavors that improve patient safety and exemplifies its dedication to being an affirmative and active corporate citizen in the healthcare communities in which it operates.
Coverys is an innovative medical professional liability insurance provider dedicated to helping its policyholders and clients anticipate, identify and manage risk to reduce errors, eliminate inefficiency and improve outcomes. As one of the largest medical professional liability insurance providers in the country, Coverys is responsible for insuring over 32,000 physicians, dentists, and allied healthcare providers, as well as more than 500 hospitals, health centers and clinics from coast to coast. Coverys has consistently been included in the Ward’s 50 for the past six years. In addition to its insurance products and service delivery to the healthcare industry, it also has established the Coverys Community Healthcare Foundation to support endeavors that focus on the improvement of patient safety as well as healthcare programs to reduce childhood obesity. For more information, visit Coverys at www.coverys.com.