Coverys offers policyholders protection for information privacy, information security, and certain regulatory actions. Our coverage is designed to provide immediate assistance with the investigation and notification process upon the discovery of a loss, or of a suspected loss, of private information. It is also designed to provide an assortment of expert resources, liability coverage, expense reimbursement, and/or fines and penalties reimbursement toward the following:
- Medicare/Medicaid audits.
- Commercial Payor audits.
- STARK violations.
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) violations.
- HIPAA compliance violations.
Information Security and Privacy Events
- Theft, loss, or unauthorized disclosure of information inclusive of disclosure due to security breaches, social media activities, etc.
- Security breaches causing asset restoration costs and lost income due to downtime.
- Cyber extortion events (e.g., ransomware).
- Privacy-related federal, state, and local regulatory proceedings.
- PCI Data Security Standard assessments.
- Lost income due to reputation damage as a result of a data privacy incident.
- Electronic crime and fraudulent instruction incidents.
- ACO Professional Service claims.
Policyholders will receive these coverages, at basic limits, without a premium charge. We also offer policyholders the option of purchasing additional limits. If so desired, policyholders can purchase tailored limits and deductibles to suit their specific coverage limit and premium needs.
In addition to our insurance coverage, Coverys provides access to a wealth of risk management information and support surrounding the topics of data breaches, privacy, and information security.
To learn more about our coverages and risk management services, please contact your agent.