Coverys offers a wide range of coverage options to meet your needs.
Selection of MPL Coverage Forms Available:
– Provides protection for covered claims which occur on or after a retroactive date and are reported during the policy period or an extended reporting period, if applicable.
– Offers prepaid tail coverage on a claims-made basis. Protects against covered medical professional liability claims which occur on or after a retroactive date and are reported during the policy period or an extended reporting period, if applicable. Please note that an indefinite reporting period endorsement automatically applies at no additional premium.
– Provides protection for covered claims that occur during the policy period.
Primary Policy Limits:
Primary policy limits are available of up to $2,000,000 per claim, depending on location.
Key Coverage Highlights:
Medical Directors, Peer Review and Credentialing Activities
– Coverage provided for medical directors acting within their scope of duty for the named insured as well as persons acting within their scope of duties on a formal accreditation, peer review or credentialing committee or board of the named insured.
Broad Definition of Insured
– Shared coverage provided for all non-physician employees, students and volunteers while acting within their scope of duties; separate limits offered for an additional premium.
Consent to Settle
– Where allowed, Coverys will not settle a claim or suit without the named insured’s written consent.
– Coverage applies for suits brought within the United States, its territories and possessions, or Canada.
Healthcare Provider Coverage
– Coverage is provided to ‘Scheduled Providers’ identified in the schedule of insureds while working within their scope of duties. If desired, separate limits of liability may be purchased for healthcare providers.
Vicarious Liability Coverage
– Provided for claims arising out of professional acts or omissions by someone for whom the policyholder is legally responsible.
Cyber Liability and Protection Plus Coverage
– Coverage for data security and privacy incidents, regulatory or commercial payor audits, as well as electronic crime incidents. Coverage includes access to experienced attorneys and legal resources which specialize in handling such incidents throughout the claim lifecycle and also includes comprehensive risk management support. A $100,000 aggregate limit is provided at no extra cost with flexible, increased limit options available for an additional premium. Find out more about Cyber Liability and Protection Plus Coverage
Professional Conduct Review Coverage
– Provides reimbursement up to $25,000 for legal expenses required to defend a healthcare facility in a licensing board proceeding arising out of the performance of professional service rendered to a patient.
Sexual Misconduct Legal Expense
– Provides reimbursement up to $100,000 for legal expenses required for defense of a suit or licensing board proceeding alleging actual or threatened sexual abuse or sexual misconduct of a patient by anyone for whom the named insured is legally responsible.
Commercial General Liability Coverage Part
– Protects against liability for bodily injury or property damage arising out of an insured’s premises and personal and advertising injury. Additionally, payment of related medical expenses is included regardless of fault as part of this coverage part.
Employee Benefits Liability Coverage Part
– Coverage for claims alleging improper advice and other errors or omissions in the administration of the named insured’s employee benefit plans.
Excess Medical Professional and Umbrella Liability Coverage Part
– Additional limits added in excess of primary limits in the event the underlying coverage limit has been exhausted.
Find an Agent or Broker