Our goal is to help you proactively reduce the risk of claims and improve outcomes. As a leading medical professional liability insurance provider, Coverys protects hospitals and healthcare systems by addressing your complex needs in the ever-changing healthcare delivery and reimbursement environment.
Unmatched Support Services
Your Coverys policy includes a comprehensive suite of services designed to help you achieve better clinical, operational, and financial outcomes. The depth of these services is what sets Coverys apart from other carriers. Learn more about our risk management, business analytics, education, and claims services.
Coverage varies by state. Please consult your agent or broker regarding specific coverages.
Find an Agent or Broker
Selection of MPL Coverage Forms Available:
– Provides protection for covered medical professional liability claims which occur on or after a retroactive date and are reported during the policy period or an extended reporting period, if applicable.
– Offers prepaid tail coverage on a claims-made basis. Protects against covered medical professional liability claims which occur on or after a retroactive date and are reported during the policy period or an extended reporting period, if applicable. Please note that an indefinite reporting period endorsement automatically applies at no additional premium.
– Provides protection for covered medical professional liability claims that occur during the policy period.
Primary Policy Limits:
Primary policy limits are available of up to $2,000,000 per claim.
Key Coverage Highlights:
Medical Directors, Peer Review, and Credentialing Activities
– Coverage provided for medical directors acting within their scope of duty for the named insured as well as persons acting within their scope of duties on a formal accreditation, peer review, or credentialing committee or board of the named insured.
Broad Definition of Insured
– Shared coverage provided for all non-physician employees, students, and volunteers while acting within their scope of duties; separate limits offered for an additional premium.
Consent to Settle
– Coverys will not settle a claim or suit without the named insured’s written consent.
– Coverage applies for suits brought within the United States, its territories and possessions, or Canada.
Healthcare Provider Coverage
– Coverage is provided to “Scheduled Providers” identified in the schedule of insureds while working within their scope of duties. If desired, separate limits of liability may be purchased for healthcare providers.
Vicarious Liability Coverage
– Provided for claims arising out of professional acts or omissions by someone for whom the policyholder is legally responsible.
Cyber Liability and Protection Plus Coverage
– Coverage for data security and privacy incidents, regulatory or commercial payor audits, as well as electronic crime incidents. Coverage includes access to experienced attorneys and legal resources which specialize in handling such incidents throughout the claim lifecycle and also includes comprehensive risk management support. A $100,000 aggregate limit is provided at no extra cost with flexible, increased limit options available for an additional premium. Find out more about Cyber Liability and Protection Plus Coverage
Professional Conduct Review Coverage
– Provides reimbursement up to $250,000 for legal expenses required to defend a healthcare facility in a licensing board proceeding arising out of the performance of professional service rendered to a patient.
Sexual Misconduct Legal Expense
– Provides reimbursement up to $100,000 for legal expenses required for defense of a suit or licensing board proceeding alleging actual or threatened sexual abuse or sexual misconduct of a patient by anyone for whom the named insured is legally responsible. Please note that coverage is not applicable to home healthcare exposures, and an additional premium will apply to long-term care facilities.
Optional Coverages for Additional Premium:
Commercial General Liability Coverage Part
– Protects against liability for bodily injury or property damage arising out of an insured’s premises, and personal and advertising injury. Additionally, payment of related medical expenses is included regardless of fault as part of this coverage part.
Employee Benefits Liability Coverage Part
– Coverage for claims alleging improper advice and other errors or omissions in the administration of the named insured’s employee benefit plans.
Excess Medical Professional and Umbrella Liability Coverage Part
– Additional limits added in excess of primary limits in the event the underlying coverage limit has been exhausted.
Medical Director Endorsement
– Coverage extension for medical directorships for identified organizations.
Note: Directors & Officers (D&O) liability coverage and Employment Practices Liability (EPL) coverage available in some states.
, physician assistants
, certified nurse midwives
, and other medical employees can be added as insureds with separate limits of liability for an additional premium.
Find an Agent or Broker
Insurance Products issued by Medical Professional Mutual Insurance Company (MA, NAIC 10206) and its subsidiaries Preferred Professional Insurance Company® (NE, NAIC 36234), ProSelect® Insurance Company (NE, NAIC 10638), and Healthcare Underwriters Group, Inc. (OH, NAIC 12233). Insurance Products issued in California by Preferred Professional Insurance Company and Coverys Insurance Company (CA Cert. 6122-6). Insurance Products issued in New York by Coverys Risk Retention Group, Inc. (DC, NAIC 14160). Not all products available in all states, check with your agent or underwriter.