As a certified nurse midwife, you are an integral part of the healthcare community, and because of the innate risks of your profession, you need protection. Coverys has been a leader in protecting healthcare providers for over 45 years. We understand the unique risks that you face and are here to help you with medical professional liability insurance and proven proactive risk mitigation strategies.
The Coverys Difference
What sets Coverys apart from other carriers is the depth of our services. With your Coverys policy, you will receive a suite of comprehensive risk management and patient safety education services. Learn more about our risk management
, business analytics
, and claims services
Coverage varies by state. Coverys offers medical professional liability insurance through our agent and broker network. Please consult your agent or broker regarding specific coverages and pricing.
Find an Agent or Broker
More: A Guide to Purchasing Medical Professional Liability Insurance
Coverage Highlights and Options:
– If you select a claims-made coverage form, you will be covered for medical professional liability claims which occur on or after a retroactive date and are reported during the policy period or an extended reporting period, if applicable.
– If you select an occurrence coverage form, you will be covered for medical professional liability claims that occur during the policy period.
– Individual professional liability coverage limits available of up to $2,000,000 per claim.
Broad Definition of Insured
– Shared coverage provided for all non-physician employees, students and volunteers while acting within their scope of duties; separate limits offered for an additional premium.
Partnership and Corporation Professional Liability Coverage
– Separate coverage available as needed.
Locum Tenens Coverage
– Available for temporary absences from professional practice.
Vicarious Liability Coverage
– Included on individual policies.
Consent to Settle
– Coverys will not settle a claim or suit without the named insured’s written consent, where approved.
Professional Conduct Review Coverage
– Provides reimbursement of up to $25,000 for legal defense costs for licensing board matters and associated investigation activities arising out of professional services rendered to a patient.
Sexual Misconduct Defense Coverage
– Provides reimbursement of up to $100,000 for legal expenses relating to allegations of sexual misconduct of a patient.
Cyber/Regulatory Liability Coverage
– Free coverage for cyber liability, including data security breaches, and regulatory claims is offered through Coverys Protection Plus. Included within this coverage is the cost for experienced attorneys and legal consultants who specialize in such cases, as well as comprehensive support to mitigate these risks, from beginning to end.
Extended Reporting Period Coverage
– Free endorsement for an extended reporting period (also known as “tail” coverage) is available in the event of death, disability and retirement; for a retirement tail, certain eligibility requirements may apply.
Commercial General Liability Coverage
– Optional coverage is available for commercial general liability coverage with your medical professional liability protection. This coverage protects insureds against liability for bodily injury or property damage arising out of an insured’s premises, operations and personal and advertising injury. Additionally, payment of related medical expenses is included regardless of fault.
Innovative Risk Management and Education
The Coverys risk management team includes experts and leaders in healthcare, patient safety and healthcare liability prevention and defense. They can provide you with:
Find an Agent or Broker
- Consultative services via our Risk Management Consultation Line
- Confidential emotional support programs for healthcare professionals facing the stress of a claim or adverse event
- Educational programs and options to fit different learning styles and time constraints, including online programs