Confidence Based on Experience
We’ve been a leader in protecting healthcare providers for over 40 years. Our policies and programs address the ever-changing healthcare delivery and reimbursement challenges that you face. Our dedicated underwriting capabilities bring sound judgment to risk evaluation and help ensure that you can be covered with confidence.
The Coverys Difference
What sets Coverys apart from other carriers is the depth of our services. With your Coverys policy, you will receive a suite of comprehensive services, including:
Coverage Highlights and Options
– If you select a claims-made coverage form, you will be covered for medical professional liability claims which occur on or after a retroactive date and are reported during the policy period or an extended reporting period, if applicable.
– If you select an occurrence coverage form, you will be covered for medical professional liability claims that occur during the policy period.
– Individual professional liability coverage limits available of up to $2,000,000 per claim.
Broad Definition of Insured
– Shared coverage provided for all non-physician employees, students and volunteers while acting within their scope of duties; separate limits offered for an additional premium.
Partnership and Corporation Professional Liability Coverage
– Separate coverage available as needed.
Locum Tenens Coverage
– Available for temporary absences from professional practice.
Vicarious Liability Coverage
– Included on individual policies.
Consent to Settle
– Coverys will not settle a claim or suit without the named insured’s written consent, where approved.
Professional Conduct Review Coverage
– Provides reimbursement of up to $25,000 for legal defense costs for licensing board matters and associated investigation activities arising out of professional services rendered to a patient.
Sexual Misconduct Defense Coverage
– Provides reimbursement of up to $100,000 for legal expenses relating to allegations of sexual misconduct of a patient.
First Aid Payment Coverage
– Covers up to $5,000 for expenses associated with urgent medical needs such as ambulance or hospital services.
Cyber/Regulatory Liability Coverage
– Free coverage for cyber liability, including data security breaches, and regulatory claims is offered through Coverys Protection Plus. Included within this coverage is the cost for experienced attorneys and legal consultants who specialize in such cases, as well as comprehensive support to mitigate these risks, from beginning to end.
Extended Reporting Period Coverage
– Free endorsement for an extended reporting period (also known as “tail” coverage) is available in the event of death, disability and retirement; for a retirement tail, certain eligibility requirements may apply.
Commercial General Liability Coverage
– Optional coverage is available for commercial general liability coverage with your medical professional liability protection. This coverage protects insureds against liability for bodily injury or property damage arising out of an insured’s premises, operations and personal and advertising injury. Additionally, payment of related medical expenses is included regardless of fault.
Innovative Risk Management and Education
The Coverys risk management team includes experts and leaders in healthcare, patient safety, and healthcare liability prevention and defense. They can provide you with:
- Consultative services via our telephone helpline
- Confidential emotional support programs for healthcare professionals facing the stress of a claim or adverse event
- Educational programs and options to fit different learning styles and time constraints, including online programs
Your unique and growing responsibilities require sound insurance protection plus the latest patient safety and risk management education support. At Coverys, protecting physician assistants with proven medical professional liability insurance and innovative risk management education is what we do.