Your Advocate in Times of Adversity
Responsive. Collaborative. Empowered to Do the Right Thing.
If you’ve ever been sued, you know it’s an emotional roller coaster. Even if you did everything right, it’s easy to second guess decisions and to regret less-than-optimal outcomes.
With Coverys, you can rest assured that we’re here to help. You can trust our Coverys claims team to separate fact from fiction; resolve matters expeditiously; secure expert counsel, when needed; and defend your good name so you can get back to your practice.
Composure That Comes With Experience
If you’re hit with a medical professional liability insurance claim, you want a seasoned team of medical professional liability experts who know the industry—inside and out. That’s exactly what you’ll get with Coverys.
Consider these facts:
- 97% of insureds who experienced a claim said they would recommend Coverys to a colleague (according to a 2016 survey of Coverys insureds).
- Coverys helped medical professionals achieve a 91.6% win rate at trial in 2016.
- Better yet, we closed 78.5% of claims with no indemnity payment in 2016. (In other words, we built such a strong case, that the opposition decided not to proceed.)
Time-Saving Information and Involvement
With Coverys, you never have to wonder what’s happening with your claim. We proactively keep you informed and involved with a collaborative approach to ensure your confidence. Here’s what to expect:
- Your case will be managed by a team familiar with the plaintiff attorneys and court systems in your jurisdiction.
- Your claims team will be highly experienced in medical professional liability cases.
- We operate with your best interest at heart. Period.
- You’ll work with an empowered claims representative and an experienced defense attorney.
- You’ll be informed and involved in decision-making and the overall defense strategy every step of the way.
- You will receive a litigation management plan with key dates and milestones.
REACT® (Respond Effectively And Communicate Timely):
In addition to providing comprehensive claim support, we are here to help you resolve disputes before they become claims and to provide emotional support throughout your claim with the following unique programs:
In some instances, litigation can be avoided by responding effectively when a dispute first emerges. To help you leverage this important window, we offer a proprietary service known as REACT—free to eligible policyholders (REACT is not available in all states). With REACT, you:
- Receive consultation and assistance with the disclosure process and, if appropriate, the apology process; and
- Eligible patients may receive reimbursement of up to $25,000 for their out-of-pocket medical expenses and up to $5,000 for loss of time related to the adverse event.
How effective is REACT? A 2016 survey of participants revealed:
- 93% would recommend REACT to a colleague
- 91% are very likely use the REACT program again, if needed
- 87% said REACT was helpful in maintaining positive relations with their patients
"This program is a great idea and it makes a tremendous impact on patient satisfaction and in reducing liability.”
If you are facing a professional liability claim, it can be very stressful. To help you navigate this adversity, we encourage you to take advantage of our free emotional support programs. Options include:
- Emotional Support Group
- Emotional Support Individual Consultation
- Consultation for Hospitals and Staff
The Pursuit of a Loss-Free Practice
Working to mitigate risk and improve patient safety is your best defense to prevent adverse events and claims altogether. To assist you in the pursuit of a loss-free practice, Coverys offers services to help pinpoint and eliminate losses before they occur. Learn more: