Terms & Conditions of Use
Coverys’ insurance products are issued by Medical Professional Mutual Insurance Company and its subsidiary insurance companies. Not all products are available in all states. Please check with your producer or underwriter for product availability.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this website, and any service or material we provide on the website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the website, or the entire website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the website; and
To access the website or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the website that all the information you provide on the website is correct, current and complete. You agree that all information you provide to register with this website or otherwise, including but not limited to through the use of any interactive features on the website, is governed by our Privacy Statement, and you consent to all actions we take with respect to your information consistent with our Privacy Statement.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this website or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Use of the Website
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Coverys, a Coverys employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing); and
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Coverys or users of the website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the website;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the website;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the website or for any other
- unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the website;
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the website, the server on which the website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the website;
- Attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; and
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website.
Coverys Intellectual Property Rights
Except for information covered by our Privacy Statement, any communication or materials you transmit to or through the website, including data, comments, questions, suggestions, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, or the like, shall become the property of Coverys. Coverys shall be free to use, disclose, reproduce, or distribute any such communications or materials without limitation of any kind.
All trademarks, logos, designs, slogans, and trade dress appearing on this website, whether or not appearing in large print, italics, or with the trademark symbol, are owned by Coverys or its affiliate companies, or are used under license. This website may also contain or reference patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes, or other proprietary rights of Coverys and/or other parties. No license to, or right in, any such trademarks, patents, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes, and other proprietary rights of Coverys and/or other parties is granted to, or conferred upon, you.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Account Termination
Coverys reserves the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any user content for any or no reason in our sole discretion;
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.;
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the website; and
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS COVERYS AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Along these lines, all quotes generated by this website are estimates based upon the information you provided and are not a contract, binder, or agreement to extend insurance coverage. Any coverage descriptions provided on this website are general descriptions of available coverages and are not a statement of contract. To obtain coverage you must submit an application to Coverys. All applications are subject to underwriting approval. Coverages and availability may vary by state or province; and additional minimum coverage limits may be available in your state. For additional information, please contact a Coverys agent.
This website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Coverys, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Coverys. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Coverys Privacy Statement
On this website, Coverys may collect, through registration processes or other means, personal information about you. Please refer to our Privacy Statement for details about how we use and protect your personal information. You are responsible for the accuracy of any personal information about you that you provide to Coverys through this website.
Combating Financial Crime
To combat financial crime and money laundering, we are obliged to make enquires when dealing with claims. As part of the validation process we may check with other parties including credit reference agencies and data providers. We also share claim data within the insurance market but only through recognized schemes designed to combat financial crime. Details may also be passed to parties assisting with a claim but any personal information will be treated as confidential and will not be used for other purposes.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our website for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER COVERYS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH US MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER COVERYS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH US REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
COVERYS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL COVERYS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction; Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability; Entire Agreement
These terms were last revised on: November 9, 2015