Responsive & Dedicated Claims Support
In today’s volatile world, the potential for being sued on the grounds of a medical malpractice claim is real, and the toll it takes on healthcare providers can be devastating.
In the event of a medical liability claim or suit, Coverys is here to help.
You can count on our dedicated Claims team to help separate fact from fiction, resolve matters expeditiously, secure expert counsel when needed, and defend your good name so you can remain focused on your practice and passion for providing quality care to patients.
When and how do I submit a claim
? What are the effects of a claim or lawsuit on a medical provider? How do I disclose an error to a patient? These questions can be overwhelming and distracting when you are trying to focus on providing quality healthcare to patients.
Composure That Comes With Experience
If you receive a medical malpractice claim, you will need a seasoned team of medical professional liability experts who know the industry inside and out. That’s what you’ll get with Coverys.
"I want to thank you for your excellent help. Your knowledge, advice, and explanation of the process was very helpful to me in this difficult time.”
Time-Saving Information and Involvement
With Coverys, you never have to wonder what’s happening with your claim. We proactively keep you informed and involved with a collaborative approach to bolster your confidence.
Here’s what to expect:
- Your case will be managed by a team familiar with the attorneys and court systems in your jurisdiction.
- Your claims team will be highly experienced in medical professional liability cases.
- You’ll work with an experienced Coverys claims consultant and a skilled, well-vetted defense attorney.
Whenever possible, you’ll be informed and involved in decision-making during defense strategy planning.
"Coverys was very helpful in helping me prepare for the stand, to relieve my anxiety and also to give me confidence.”
Unique De-escalation Services
In addition to providing comprehensive claim support, we are here to help you resolve disputes before they become claims. We offer emotional support
throughout the claim process with the following unique programs:
Emotional support consultations and group: Facing a medical professional liability claim can be very stressful. To help you navigate this process, we encourage you to take advantage of our free emotional support programs:
REACT® (Respond Effectively And Communicate Timely)
- Emotional Support Group.
- Emotional Support Individual Consultation.
- Consultation for Hospitals and Staff.
: This unique program provides resources to help you more effectively respond to your patient’s needs following an adverse event and is free to eligible policyholders Note: REACT is not available in all states or on all coverages.
With REACT, eligible policyholders will:
- Receive consultation and assistance with the disclosure process and, if appropriate, the apology process; and
- Eligible patients may receive reimbursement of up to $25,000 for their out-of-pocket medical expenses and up to $5,000 for loss of time related to the adverse event.
How effective is REACT? A 2019 survey of participants revealed:
- 100% indicated it was either helpful or very helpful in maintaining a positive relationship with a patient.
- 97% indicated that they were very likely to use the REACT Program again.
- 97% indicated that they were highly satisfied with the REACT Program.
"The REACT program is a great idea and it makes a tremendous impact on patient satisfaction and in reducing liability.”
The Pursuit of a Loss-Free Practice
Working to mitigate risk and improve patient safety is your best defense to prevent adverse events and claims altogether.
To reduce the risk of claims, Coverys offers proactive risk management, education, and business analytics services to help pinpoint and mitigate potential risks.
for more information about claims services.