Coverys Offers the Right Insurance for Your Needs
Your practice requires a professional liability insurance provider that understands the risks associated with podiatric treatment. Coverys is that provider. We offer insurance protection, strong defense of claims and targeted risk control to provide the highest quality insurance program and coverage that respond to your needs.
Learn more about our risk management
, business analytics
, and claims services
Coverage varies by state. Coverys offers medical professional liability insurance through our agent and broker network. Please consult your agent or broker regarding specific coverages and pricing.
Find an Agent or Broker
More: A Guide to Purchasing Medical Professional Liability Insurance
Coverage Highlights and Options:
– Provides coverage for medical professional liability claims which occur on or after a retroactive date and are reported during the policy period or an extended reporting period, if applicable.
– Individual professional liability coverage limits available of up to $2,000,000 per claim.
Broad Definition of Insured
– Shared coverage provided for all non-physician employees, students and volunteers while acting within their scope of duties; separate limits offered for an additional premium.
Partnership and Corporation Professional Liability coverage
– Separate coverage available as needed.
Locum Tenens Coverage
– Available for temporary absences from professional practice.
Vicarious Liability Coverage
– Included on individual policies.
Consent to Settle
– Coverys will not settle a claim or suit without the named insured’s written consent, where approved.
Professional Conduct Review Coverage
– Provides reimbursement of up to $25,000 for legal defense costs for licensing board matters and associated investigation activities arising out of professional services rendered to a patient.
Sexual Misconduct Defense Coverage
– Provides reimbursement of up to $100,000 for legal expenses relating to allegations of sexual misconduct of a patient.
Cyber Liability and Protection Plus Coverage
– Coverage for data security and privacy incidents, regulatory or commercial payor audits, as well as electronic crime incidents. Coverage includes access to experienced attorneys and legal resources which specialize in handling such incidents throughout the claim lifecycle and also includes comprehensive risk management support. A $50,000 aggregate limit is provided at no extra cost with flexible, increased limit options available for an additional premium. Find out more about Cyber Liability and Protection Plus Coverage
Extended Reporting Period Coverage
– Free endorsement for an extended reporting period (also known as “tail” coverage) is available in the event of death, disability and retirement; for a retirement tail, certain eligibility requirements may apply.
Innovative Risk Management and Education
– The Coverys risk management team includes experts and leaders in healthcare, patient safety and healthcare liability prevention and defense. We also provide educational programs and options to fit different learning styles and time constraints, including online programs.
Find an Agent or Broker