Best Practices to Protect Patients and Providers
Proactive. Pragmatic. Patient-Centered.
You want what’s best for your patients, and we want what’s best for you. Fortunately, those two aspirations intersect. When you put policies and procedures into place to protect patients, you also protect yourself and your practice by reducing the potential for claims.
When you choose Coverys, you benefit from services provided by a risk management team staffed by healthcare professionals who have worked in patient care and quality improvement. We are experienced in a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. As healthcare professionals, we understand the challenges you face. We know your day involves a series of judgement calls that are rarely black and white.
Count on us to listen, collaborate, and suggest practical, best practice solutions. We aim to make it easier for you to manage risk.
Intelligence to Improve Quality and Patient Safety
When you know better, you do better. That’s certainly true of Coverys clients. We equip you with information to make better decisions and support your patient safety and quality goals without bogging you down. We provide:
- Written processes and procedures to help you track test results and referrals, reducing potential delay in diagnosis
- Access to publications and resources to help reduce diagnostic errors, a common cause of medical professional liability claims
- Resources to help identify underpinning issues that put you and your patients at risk
- Data to help you focus on areas with the greatest risk of claim for your specialty
A Complete Suite of Risk Resources
In addition to our dedicated team of risk management professionals, you will benefit from several additional resources including:
Doctors and health system clients can call to get answers and support for risk-related questions and issues.
Emotional Support Services:
- Consultation: Your services may include (based on account type and size):
- Personal assistance from a designated consultant
- A customized risk management service plan
- Risk assessments
- On-site education
- Action plan
To help you and your team navigate the emotions involved with adverse situations and physician burnout, we offer emotional support groups as well as individual and group consultations.
Risk Knowledge Base:
Your team has 24/7 access to thousands of sample forms, tools, protocols, and policies, so you never have to start from scratch. The Coverys Policyholder Resources Portal
is always available to you.
Publications and Webinars:
- Discover policies, forms, and best practices for more than 50 hot topics including Disclosure, Informed Consent, Medication Safety, EMTALA, Medical Marijuana, HIPAA Privacy, Claims Management, Credentialing.
- Proceed confidently knowing that our resource materials are based on evidence- based standards of care and are relevant for a wide range of healthcare delivery systems.
- Learn how to interpret hot topics like lead testing, medication and device recall, when to report suspected abuse, and issues related to patient privacy record release.
- Select resources applicable for your practice size and type.
Timely information to keep you up-to-date on patient safety and clinical issues, new trends, emerging areas of liability, and best practices to reduce risk and improve patient safety. View list of upcoming and on-demand webinars
Responsive, Collaborative Claim Management
Despite your best risk management efforts, a claim may occur. When it does, we’ll be there to advocate on your behalf with a responsive, collaborative strategy. Learn more about our claim services.